(Positions available: San Fernando, California & Orlando, Florida)
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Designer with an emphasis on Show-Set Design, to generate 2D technical drawings from 3D models. Responsible for producing production drawings using AutoCAD and Revit and creating and modifying 3D models using 3DS Max, ZBrush, Geomagic, & Rhino. Theme park design and Show Set design experience is highly preferred.
• Produce high and low resolution 3D models for production.
• Create detailed technical and fabrication drawings from 3D models.
• Clean up and modify 3D models in preparation for fabrication.
• Review and QC technical and fabrication drawings.
• Work with the project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
• 5+ years of experience in show set design, theme park, architectural, and/or construction design
• Technical knowledge of fabrication and construction design methods
• Proficient in AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Revit and ZBrush
• First article experience- including material science and CNC manufacturing methods
• Must be able to read and understand architectural, construction, and fabrication drawings
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and graphic
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills
• Must be very well organized
• Must be familiar with using of scripts and software plugins
• SolidWorks, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Synchro, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Rhino, Grasshopper, and Dynamo
• BIM 360 Glue
• Geomagic, and Navisworks
• generating 2D technical drawings from 3D models: 3 years
• of AutoCAD, and Revit: 3 years
• fabrication and construction design: 3 years