(Position available: San Fernando, California)
We are seeking a Design Manager to join our team here in San Fernando, CA! As Design Manager, you will provide overall leadership and management of our show and facility design on designated projects. Additionally, you will oversee and direct project design consultants/staff involved in the design process to achieve objectives in a way that minimizes design changes, optimizes internal design-build-installation process and fosters repeat business with the client while building relationships with design consultants.
- Manage all design tasks to meet schedules and deadlines as established by project management and the master project schedule.
- Coordinate design efforts with Show Team and their Specialty Contractors (i.e. Show Action Equipment, Special Effects Equipment, Audio and Video, Show Lighting).
- Lead and manage the integration of all architectural drawings and 3D models.
- Coordinate design efforts with Ride System Designers and Engineers. Lead integration of ride system drawings and 3D models.
- Run Clash Detection Analysis in 3D; Compile and own all 3D Data in Live Master Model and generate views of the model for design reviews.
- Record and track all versions of drawings, models, sketches, photos and related materials.
- Track and document all issues arising from coordination meetings and working sessions and disseminate all issues to involved parties and assign responsibilities, deadlines and actions to solve issues.
- Develop and improve Design Standards and Workflows.
- Lead and manage design efforts with Architectural Team and related sub-contractors (i.e. Reinforced Concrete, Steel, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Trades, Local Design Authorities, Retail, Food and Beverage outlets).
- Lead and coordinate design efforts with Engineering Group and their sub-contractors (Mechanical, Structural).
- Lead and manage client and design team meetings as necessary.
- Attend construction site walks/meetings as required.
Software & Relevant Applications: MS Office, MS Project, Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, 3DStudioMax and/or Rhino mesh modeling
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Degree holder in Technical Design, Architecture or Engineering field.
- A minimum of 6 year working experience in a design/engineering/architecture/construction company.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit & Navisworks (at least 3 years’ experience).
- Proficiency in Autodesk 3DStudioMax and/or Rhino mesh modeling (at least 3 years’ experience).
- Understanding of construction techniques and virtual construction design.
- Understanding of how to read and produce comprehensive drawing packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with clients and co-workers.
- Flexibility and “can-do” attitude is essential.
If this sounds like you and/or you are interested in breaking into the Themed Entertainment industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and brief introduction after clicking on “APPLY NOW” below. Thank you!Apply Now